.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, May 01, 2006

do they allow saddles?

Okay, I'm back at the computer. It might be stretching it a bit to say that I am back at work just yet. The conference was good. I got elected to the position of chair-elect of TLA's library instruction round table. That means I'll be chair next year.

Over the weekend I attended Jane's wedding and drove over to Big Thicket with my sis. On the way, I blew a tire (thank you, Houston roadways) and managed to change the tire before the safeclear tow trucks appeared to haul me away. Amazing, I must say. We got back in the car and continued with our day of driving and walking and investigating nature. There are a lot of frogs that sound just like sheep in that part of the world. I also got to see two species of insect-eating plants, which made my day. Eating a lot of peanut butter brownies when we got home also made me very happy.

2 Comments:

At 7:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

um, the big thicket? i have wanted to go there forever. tell me more about it. how to get there where to go, etc... jp

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

JP, just go to the website:
http://www.nps.gov/bith/

It's huge and there are several trails to choose from. We did the Kirby, Pitcher Plant and Sundew trails. Basically you just drive on I-10 into Beaumont and follow the big brown signs.

I have a feeling it's about to get stinkin' hot and buggy there, so go soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home