.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 13, 2004

behead myself

I'm visiting my family, staying down in the basement, and it's time to pack up to go home. I go downstairs and start rooting around in my bags. There's a lazy susan on top of a coffee table near where I'm standing that begins to spin around faster and faster, then slowly, then faster again. I hear a woman's voice say my name and I feel her touch my arm.

I run upstairs to tell my sisters and I am of course slightly hysterical. Apparently this has happened before but was subtle enough that everyone just ignored it. My sis says, "Well, you can't blame this on Karen V.!" This is apparently the person we believed was haunting us. She is very skeptical and I can see she doesn't believe me when I say "there's no logical explanation." My other sister makes sympathetic noises but she probably thinks I'm crazy.

I'm afraid to go back downstairs but I have to finish packing and I don't want her to steal my favorite shirt while I'm busy being a hyperventilating sissy, so I head back down.

I wake up paralyzed with fear, half opening my eyes to make sure I'm at home and there don't appear to be any ghosts around. Fifteen minutes later my heart finally stops pounding and I feel safe enough to go back to sleep without dropping right back into the same dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home