.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, August 04, 2005

in hot water

A while ago my water heater started leaking. I put off fixing it due to lack of funds, but then I realized it might be covered by my home warranty. I called the warranty company, they scheduled a plumber, and he came yesterday. The good news--it really is the water heater that's leaking and it's covered by my warranty. Yay! I had to pay the service fee and will probably have to pay for the permit and I think that'll be it, as long as I can wrestle the old heater out to the curb for heavy trash pickup.

Short story long, I haven't had hot water all week. Those of you who live in Houston will recognize that as no problem because the cold water is pretty warm this time of year. Nevertheless, when taking a shower the water not exactly the temperature I'd choose. I gave up my shower rights at the good ex's place in exchange for a mental health break from him and have been toughing out the shower sitch at home, but I'm hoping the end is in sight.

3 Comments:

At 1:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay for getting things fixed and it not costing an arm or a leg!

Hope the weekend cools off for you :).

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Jane said...

Great, you can take a hot shower and we can go out on the town tonight to celebrate.

 
At 7:34 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Oh hoho, no hot shower for me. I haven't even gotten ahold of the plumbers to schedule water heater installation. That reminds me, I need to try them again!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home