.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

astros rule!

The Astros have been in a bit of a slump lately (okay, that's a gross understatement). I went with a gaggle of librarians to a game last night and I was hoping against hope that they would Win Win Win. The game started off well--they scored a few runs early on--but I've seen a lot of good teams fall apart in the 6th inning, especially when the pitcher starts to tire. Old Wandy came through and pitched well until they took him out toward the end. Our closer came in and, despite an attempt at a rally by the Cubs, shut them down. On a sad note, my baseball boyfriend (Morgan Ensberg) is normally a power hitter with a great batting average, but he has been stinking a bit this year. I'm thinking it's maybe the buzz cut....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home