.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, June 02, 2006

more coffee!

I have to go to a parent/family orientation in a few minutes. I will have 5 minutes to tell these folks what the library's expectations are of their children. I have a list, of course, but what I really want to say is: drag their asses over to the library, pronto. Meet at least one librarian or student who works at the library and forge a relationship. That relationship will be more helpful than 5 workshops, 3 tours and an hour of surfing the library's website.

2 Comments:

At 8:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! Some of the best advice I've heard from a librarian yet! Just don't forget experienced staff members, or whatever non-students or non-Librarians are called there. ["Library worker" for all of us is so much better...]

 
At 8:58 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Oh yes, I'm one of those people who calls everyone a librarian! I know our non-mls staff sometimes find that annoying.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home