.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 25, 2006

1st affair

There are two movies I love that have the word "affair" in the title, or two that are coming to mind at the moment. When Cactus was going out of business I bought a few of my favorite old movies and one of them was An Affair to Remember. Since there was nothing on last night but the Lost finale and I don't watch that show, I watched old Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr make magic on that boat. I realized that I'd forgotten much of the plot other than the pivotal and final scene. In a lot of ways it's about people who have accepted something less than they deserve because they don't know there's something better out there, something worth working for (or in this case, someone). All of my favorite lines are Deborah Kerr's character teasing Cary Grant or making fun of him--perhaps she reminds me a little of myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home