.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

antedeluvian

So I updated my profile in the onion the other day to reflect my current status, location and interests in other people (not much, frankly). Right after that, I get an email from a very cute fellow here in h-town.

The funny thing is that I know my honey would want me to respond. He gets a kick out of things like that, but I don't like misleading people. Okay, I don't mind if it's in the service of getting myself or a friend employment. You have to milk the camel a little bit when you're called to duty to be a reference.

I don't misrepresent myself to friends, lovers or potential friends & lovers. Too quickly they will figure out that I am merely a boring whitebread tv addict with a running problem. There's nothing like seeing the disappointment in someone's eyes when you reveal your lack of interest in most swedish films or that your father and stepmother make what your mother refers to as "that ducky shit" and sell it at crafts shows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home