.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, March 17, 2005

herzogian

I don't believe I've yet seen an actual Herzog film, although I've now seen two films of/about Herzog. That's Werner Herzog, crazed and amazing German filmmaker for the unwashed masses. The bit of whimsy I saw last night was recommended to the Good Ex by one of his Good Exes and it is entitled Incident at Loch Ness.

The film is a documentary about Herzog making a film called Enigma of Loch Ness (I think it's "of" not "at" but don't hurt me if I'm wrong), at least that's how it appears. In fact, it's a mocumentary that has Herzog making fun of himself and a host of Hollywood characters playing up their own roles in the film biz, e.g. the prick producer and the prima donna sound engineer. There are scenes that Wes Anderson appears to have stolen for his own The Life Aquatic or that Herzog plays laughing tribute to from his own films, The Right Stuff and probably lots of other films that I missed due to my lack of references.

At the end it became patently ridiculous, but that's why we love Herzog, right? I will forever think of this film every time I see a word misspelled on a jumpsuit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home