.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, March 03, 2005

i can't feel my fingers...mommy? mommy??!

After watching America's Next Top Model, Season 4 premier and the finale of Missy Elliot's Road to Stardom, I came to a conclusion.

I watch too much television.

I started thinking about all of the shows I watch weekly and started imagining my life without each of them. One by one, all but a treasured few fell away. So for the foreseeable future, goodbye to: 7th Heaven, Charmed, Everwood, Girlfriends, Law & Order everything (to be honest, I hardly watch these anymore anyway), What I Like About You, and reruns of various sitcoms including but not limited to Friends, That 70s Show, the Simpsons, the Fresh Prince, Cosby Show, a Different World, etc.

Things I'm on the fence about: CSI & CSI Miami, Saturday cartoons.

Things I'm definitely keeping: ANTM, Gilmore Girls, taping various episodes of reruns of Sabrina the Teenage Witch.

In celebration, I joined Netflix, and I promise that I will try to order movies only, rather than runs of television programs.

In other television news, I taught a class this morning where we brainstormed possible benefits of reality television. We came up with quite a few and in searching for books and articles on the topic, found that Writers and Scholars Think People Benefit from Reality TV. So there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home