.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, March 21, 2005

routine

I'm really loving netflix. This weekend I watched both The Battle of Algiers (amazing and you should see it--it's about the movement in Algeria to gain freedom in the late 1950s) and Shaun of the Dead. Shaun made me laugh and laugh. It was a good commentary on the routine that many of us find ourselves in, as well as that vague feeling that we're missing out on something more interesting. I think I suffer from both of those, alternately. Of course, by watching a movie and whipping up some cookie dough last night I got away from my past Sunday routine of watching Charmed and/or some fox shows.

There are some routines I refuse to give up, though, because they make me happy. For instance, every year I am compelled to dye Easter eggs with friends. This year I'll be doing it with a new friend (and possibly grammy--we shall see!) but that's also part of my routine. I strong arm anybody within 10 yards of me to get funky with hard boiled eggs and non-toxic dye. A few years ago, my friend C. came to visit me over the Easter weekend and I got him to dye eggs. Of course we also went out and drank ourselves silly and I was so hungover I nearly missed Easter brunch. In fact, we were drinking beers at my house with K. during the dying process and we got involved and missed a bus...but that's another story.

1 Comments:

At 8:34 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

If you do, make sure you get the supplementary stuff--it's on the second disk. It should be on the way to my house shortly!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home