.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, June 27, 2005

repeat performances

I re-watched and re-read this weekend. I re-watched Withnail and I, expecting to be a tiny bit disappointed at this third viewing. Ha! My favorite part ("Get in the back of the van!") was just as funny, even funnier, than it was the last time I saw it.

I re-read Anne of Avonlea, the second of the Anne of Green Gables series. I read it in part to reinstill in myself the feeling that that novel gives me, a feeling of calm and hope, imagination and accomplishment.

After that, I went through my old poetry to see if any of it was worthy of spiffing and public display. I found that I still liked several but that I might need to snip off the last line or two. I have a bad tendency to tack on a summary or trite statement at the ends of things. There was at least one piece that I liked but it would be incomprehensible--every reference from a particular place/in time. So, we'll see if I can get the guts to perform any in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home