.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

funny haha

A colleague gave me an article on using humor in the (library) classroom. The authors include a humor scale, where you answer several questions and it tells you your Humor Orientation ("I'm a bisexual jokester, baby!". Some of the questions ask "do people ask you to tell stories or jokes?" and "do people NOT ask you to tell stories or jokes?"

In high school my best guy friend used to gently chide me for my "pointless stories". I'd ramble on and on about something, rarely getting to the meat of the thing and eventually run out of steam somewhere left of my intended witty/poignant/meaningful anecdote.

I made a conscious effort to curb that tendency, but I had to answer truthfully. No, people do not ask me to tell jokes or stories. As you can tell from the mere existence of my blog, that hasn't stopped me. I continue with my sometimes pointless ramblings, knowing that I am really writing this for myself, and if anyone else is amused or touched or somewhat less bored, then that's cool too.

1 Comments:

At 8:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

consider me amused, generally less bored, and sometimes even touched.

In the good way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home