.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

craft night

Last night, Jane came over to watch back to back episodes of Gilmore Girls. They were those two especially haunting episodes: the one where Lorelai's parents renew their vows and the one where Lorelai and Luke break up. Okay, haunting is probably the wrong word but they do a great job of reflecting the pain of lost love and the excitement and giddiness of a new relationship. They also have several good one liners, like Cousin Marilyn's exhortation, "you can't make anglo saxons wait too long for cake; they start to form more clubs!" and the whole "you've been tottsied" bits.

During commercials, we made little certificate wanna be's for two colleagues. There was much cutting, pasting, glittering and markering. I really love craft projects like making cards and envelopes. I was email-talking to a printmaker the other day and it made me want to get back into making potato prints. Crafty friends are welcome to join!

3 Comments:

At 8:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whenever I'm hanging out with my stepsisters (9 and 6), I generally insist we do artycrafty stuff, not because they want to, but because I want to. Because crayons are always way more fun than you remember them being...

 
At 9:09 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

I've never left the "crayons are fun" stage, thank god. Although that reminds me of a story...when I was little, my friend and I left crayons in the back of her mom's car, right under the back windshield. They melted all over the place and I don't think they ever got crayon wax & color & smell out of their car.

 
At 6:40 AM, Blogger Jane said...

What Ranger forgot to tell was that the certificate I made was far below standard, compared to her's. I am better with just stickers - all that fun glitter and glue got to my head.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home