.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, September 08, 2005

anarchy in the usa

Last night I finally dragged my sorry butt out to volunteer with Food Not Bombs. A few of my pals run this particular arm of the group and they're anarchists so things are sort of free form. Let me tell you, it's invigorating to make food and tote it downtown and then serve it to people who otherwise wouldn't get a meal. Or if they did get a meal it would be lunchables because that's pretty much what the shelters are accepting right now. With FNB they get vegan or vegetarian food made with love. It was also much fun to pretend I was anti-establishment (pretend?) and hang with the anarchists for an evening. I highly recommend it--they meet up between 8 and 8:15pm M,W,F right in front of the Jesse Jones library downtown.

-->in answer to a comment by Mark, the only "real" news story that I can find about the military recruiting hurricane victims said that the Army posted their recruitment contact number at the job fair.

3 Comments:

At 1:36 PM, Blogger jillbertini said...

Hmmm - maybe I should give money to them. I was just thinking about the poor vegetarians who are in a pinch right now.

 
At 6:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ranger,

I need some info on the local situation.

Please see my post and tell me if this is true.
http://bookmark.typepad.com/
the_thoughts_are_broken/2005/09/
please_tell_me_.html

This may be the final straw for me, but I have to know.

All the best!

 
At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Ranger! That much I guess is acceptable; anything else would be wrong, in my opinion anyway.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home