.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, October 10, 2005

in the middle of the night

So I'm sleeping outside, curled up in my sleeping bag, when I start to hear scritch, scratch, scritch noises. I make some noise to see if that will send whatever animal scurrying away. Nope. Then I get up and move toward the noise. Whatever it is runs away. I lay back down. I fall back to sleep. Some time later the noises begin again, along with dragging sounds. After some mild swearing, I get up again and shine my headlamp around. I see a small dark animal (fox-like, not raccoon- or armadillo-like) run away. I pick up the bag it was trying to drag off and hang it in the tree.

In the morning, I get up to see what was so enticing in the bag. Charcoal. Either the critter had a bad sense of smell or was planning a big barbecue.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home