.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, October 06, 2005

sweets and eats

Mid-week exhaustion due to lots and lots of classes taught was alleviated in part by birthday celebrations all week. No, not mine, but several colleagues have their birthdays this week (happy birthday!). There's not much that german chocolate cake can't fix.

While I was at home recovering last night, I baked a loaf of banana bread. A while back our receptionist made some with two bananas and I'm a convert. Two-banana bread is soooo moist and soooo banana-y.

In other news, H-town is currently the mosquito capital of the world. According to some news anchor's speculation, salt marsh mosquitoes blew up here from the coast on Rita winds and are now in the midst of a biting frenzy. The other morning some got in my car and rode with me to work. I only barely avoided several accidents as I swatted at them. Today, one was valiantly trying to bite me through my cords.

Some researchers think that people who eat a lot of sweets are more prone to mosquito bites. I'm proving it!

2 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard somewhere that people who eat bananas attract more mosquitoes. Could this be true? My banana a day habit may need to be suspended.

LK

 
At 10:43 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Nothing I see from a quick search shows that, although some mosquitoes do lay eggs in banana trees (where water gathers). One article's title seemed to show that they were using bananas in some way to get rid of mosquitoes.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home