.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

can it be?

My team, my loverly work team, won an award today. Go us! It was one of the staff awards our li-berry gives out annually, always hotly contested and kept hush-hush until the day of the ceremony. Unfortunately, one of us is still on her honeymoon and another home with a sick child, but the three of us who were there graciously accepted on their behalfs (behalves?).

Even more hotly contested, apparently, was what name to put on my award. In my personal and professional life I go by one name, but legally I have the usual two (three if you count the middle). Luckily, my colleagues decided to make me happy and put just the one on the award. Really, I don't understand why that's so contentious, anyway. Hasn't anyone heard of Cher?

4 Comments:

At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! For whatever it was for!

 
At 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you use one name professionally? wow. gotta ask you about that some time. i want more info. jp

 
At 11:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woooohoooo! Congrats, Ranger. I think you should start just going by a letter.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Ah, but which letter? I like Y!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home