.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, January 25, 2007

why people hate what i ate for dinner

I just read something on another blog that made me laugh. It said that writing about what you ate for dinner and why people hate you (two of my favorite topics, obviously) is "devolving" and for this person it would be. For me, though, it would only be devolving if it weren't what I started writing about way back when. I know people use their blogs for various types of communication and mine is often a rant or a rave about what's going on in my life. When I've expressed concerns about that being boring, a few of my usual readers told me that they don't mind or actually like that. So I haven't bothered to change it. I write a blog because it helps me work through things, focus ideas, and keep a record of what's going on in my life. If that's not your thing, I can assume you're not reading my blog anyway, so I don't apologize for it. Most of you out there whose blogs I read also do some of this and I find it interesting. I like to see what's going on in your lives and what's occupying your thought space, even if the ideas aren't yet fully formed. So here's to blogging, no matter what you blog about!

1 Comments:

At 5:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen! To what you said, not the other.

I did see that; yesterday probably. I wasn't too impressed by it, but then it did stop me from (possibly) writing a post something like that at that moment.

Whenever I do the Carnival I try to think about what posts might be either side of it for a post or 2. Not really sure why, but I do.

I guess I do wonder (as you've read before) what some must think when they see a 14 screen length analysis of some LIS article or such and then some silly quiz or me bitching about being lonely.

But, dangit! This is me. People who try to fully separate (that is, fragment) their lives simply irk me to no end. "No, Officer, there really is no soul in here."

You just be you and some of us will be glad to continue reading. I *like* knowing the people in my friends folder in Bloglines actually have lives!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home