.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

musicale

So I taped last night's 7th Heaven because I am addicted to that show, no matter how bad it gets. For some reason Brenda decided it was a good idea to make a musical Valentines Day episode and to let the actors sing themselves. Thank god I taped it--that allowed me to fast forward through Kevin's ear rending song, all of the cutesie dance numbers, and all of the scenes of Simon kissing his 1 day girlfriend.

There was one good part--where Kevin, after trying in vain to order roses from every florist in town, comes home to find Ruthie with the flowers her beau had just given her. He hands her a $100 dollar bill to give up the floral goods and the last shot is of her holding the money up to the light and kissing it. I could almost hear the Bank of Simon intoning, "yes my child, I have taught you well."

Note to any sitcom producers out there: the musical has tried and very seldom succeeded. Please, please, if you're going to attempt it on your show, hire some ringer singers!

1 Comments:

At 10:23 AM, Blogger Jane said...

I am so glad you watched this episode. I was wondering what you were going to think of it. I did not actually watch the show, but I did make a snort of disgust when I saw the preview. My only thought was, Buffy already did that schtick. Biased and mean, I know.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

<< Home