.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, February 10, 2005

no rory, no!

Gilmore Girls was excellent this week. Everyone was in character and they are all quirky characters. Lorelai was speed talking, she and Rory were eating junk food for dinner, Luke was running around fixing things and being picked on by Emily, Emily was conniving, Babette was inappropriate and drunk (what happened to Babette's husband, btw? I used to love that guy, Jerry?). I could go on...but I won't.

The thing I want to comment on, though, was the part where Rory is talking to Logan. At first it's cute and sweet, with her purposefully following her mother's example, going for what she wants and kissing Logan "just to see how it feels". Their discussion, though, gave me the heebie jeebies. It reminded me of too many other conversations where women try to convince men they can fool around without it turning into a relationship. The guy, meanwhile, saying he doesn't want a relationship and he knows that's what the woman wants, deserves, etc. etc. "You're special, Rory," proclaims Logan, yet he's unable or unwilling to treat her right.

I think the writers of that show are at least occasionally brilliant. Even though the characters aren't necessarily realistic, they are real. That's why I'm still devoted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home