.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

bbq

Those of you who know me know that I don't eat meat. Well, actually I do eat fish and some other seafood but not any other living creatures. Nevertheless, some of my favorite places to eat include "barbeque" in their names. Such is the case with Thelma's. Thelma's is a tiny place on the corner of Liveoak and Lamar (I think it's Lamar--better check it if you're going there). There are only a few tables and they tend to fill up with big guys eating plates of bbq sandwiches, link sandwiches and catfish. I always have the catfish. Thelma runs it herself with the help of her daughter or granddaugher or some other relatives. Sometimes there are little kids running around filling cups with ice and fetching tubs of tartar sauce. It's the kind of place that has a big roll of papertowels on every table. It's the kind of place where Thelma herself decorates the table on your friend's birthday and comes out to give everyone a hug and best wishes to the birthday boy (in bbq terms, that means a big piece of pie). It's the kind of place where at 7pm, when the restaurant closes, the cops come in for their supper. You should check it out.

1 Comments:

At 10:22 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

No, I've never had the fries, but speaking of meaty substances, I did have the okra & tomatoes and there were big hunks of sausage in there that I mostly ate around. I have to suspend my veggie beliefs to enjoy it, but it's so worth it. mmm, arteries clogging.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home