.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 31, 2005

icy hand of death

Sunday night I really wanted to sleep outside so the good ex decided to join me. We decided that the hammock might be too much of a challenge, especially with me always having to get up to pee in the middle of the night, so we set up a cushion with blankies on the porch (we were at a pal's lake house). All was going well, we were comfortable, warm enough, and enjoying the sounds of the water and wind when it started to rain. We got up, moved the bed over a few feet and dropped off to sleep. Some time later, I awoke from a very sound sleep to hear the good ex shrieking that a Hand Was Touching His Hair! Stifling my laughter (probably not very well), I suggested we go inside. Meanwhile GE said, "I'm going to get rabies! I could hear its teeth rasping! etc.

We went inside and slept on the couches the rest of the night and in the morning, discussion with lake house owners determined that an opossum lives under the porch and must've been checking us out and looking for bugs to eat.

That episode is going to provide me with teasing material for years to come...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home