.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

an amazing piece of luck

I had a hard time finding a roommate for the conference I just attended. As a last ditch effort, I advertized my plight on the organization's forum and received two responses. I took the first person's offer without knowing anything other than her name, place of work and that she was a female. Sounds like a good way to have a horrible weekend, right? I don't know what I did to deserve it, perhaps nothing, but my roomie turned out to be about my age, very laid back, shared a lot of my interests and values, and arrived at the room with chocolate. We ended up spending our free evening together at the baseball game (Twins suck, I must say, at least Saturday night against the Brewers) and drinking at a local watering hole. We enjoyed ourselves by making fun of the bachelorette parties and their requisite veils, beads and glowing/blinking penis attachments. We shared a big plate of fries. We went back to the room and listened to Modest Mouse on the radio/ipod. Usually I come home from conferences with a new conference boyfriend (usually a married and/or gay man that I get a crush on) but this time I came home with a conference girlfriend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home