.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 26, 2005

baby head smell

Someone laughed the other day when I said that babies smell good so that the mothers don't eat them. Actually, that's why babies cry when they're born. They smell good so we'll take care of them, having already established they're alive and shouldn't be eaten.

I ran into my friends A. & S. last night at the video/music store. A. had baby A. in arm. It was the first I'd met baby A. and I was unprepared for how darned cute he was. After a few seconds he started smiling at me, like most babies do, and I realized I had to stay away from his fetching baby smell because my hormones weren't in check and I might've started weeping or something equally embarrassing.

It made me kinda sad that I haven't been able to meet Baby Dracula yet.

2 Comments:

At 11:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

A good friend recently described the perfect antidote to baby-smell and the 'mid-20's urge to procreate' -- family dinner with 11 children under the age of 5.

She said she was holding an infant and watching three toddlers create absolute chaos, thinking, "This sweet thing turns into THAT. I don't want THAT."

Made me grin.

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Luckily I'm waaaay past the mid-20s procreation fixation and heading straight into pre-menopausal now or never panic. Most days it's "never"!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home