.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, May 27, 2005

why i hate puppets

Jane and K. and I are trying to get through Angel season 5 before K. leaves town. Last night we watched the infamous puppet episode. It was hilariously funny but reminded me of my innate hatred of puppets, clowns, mannequins and especially mimes. There's something about their simplified faces and creepy mannerisms that really gets to me. That might be reason enough to avoid them at all costs (as in I run away if I see one) but add to that the fears induced by movies where they play homicidal maniacs. Puppets and mannequins are scary because, well, what if they move by themselves? What if they **shiver** TALK TO YOU? I really don't even like dolls very much, and as a child would hide my clown doll at the bottom of the toy chest. It's no wonder my childhood recurring nightmare involved Ronald McDonald.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home