.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, July 11, 2005

on the phone

The Good Ex called yesterday and asked if I could pick him up. "I'm at Bookstop", he said. I drove to Bookstop and couldn't find him, so I called his cell. "Where are you exactly?" "I'm toward the back, in Sociology." This is a place with two entrances, so I wasn't sure what he meant by "the back". "Where are you?" he asked. "I'm in the middle." A few minutes pass. "Where are you exactly? Are you sure you're at Bookstop?" "Yes. Where are you? I'm right at the entrance." "Which entrance?" "The one where the parking lot is."

Now, this is where I became convinced that he was delirious, because there are parking lots on both sides. "Are you really at Bookstop, or are you at Half Price Books?"

Silence.

"Half Price Books." "Okay, I'll be over there in a minute."

2 Comments:

At 10:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I often find myself at the checkout at book stores, checkbook in hand, and am unable to recognize which book store I'm actually in, and surreptitiously study the store looking for a logo or name...

But I've never dragged anyone else into my confusion, or been forced to admit it in the moment. ;)

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Hey, thanks for the sweet comment a while back. In his defense, GE was suffering from a bad headache at the time...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home