.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, July 08, 2005

scared white folks

So guess who I saw last night...that's right, it was Paul Mooney. Not only did I see him at the Improv, I got in for free.

I have to issue my usual post-black comedian warning: if I accidentally pop out the N word, I know I'm not allowed to use it but when I hear it 200 times in the space of an hour, it kind of gets imprinted on my frontal lobe.

Paul Mooney is way smart. I especially like his jokes that don't make sense unless you were really listening. He pointed out a woman in the audience who was getting everything he said, telling her husband/companion to hold onto her.

I cannot repeat any of his jokes. Not only would it not be funny but almost all of them involve the N word in some way or another, even my favorite, which was his imitation of a whitey getting overwhelmed after hearing his act and saying "I've got a N-headache." He's at the Improv the rest of the weekend, so if you're smart you'll go see him. Just make sure you remember the aspirin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home