.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

that new tire smell

I gave my donut spare tire to a friend on the 4th of July because his was flat, we couldn't fix it, and no tire shops were open. Yesterday, I shopped for a replacement. I discovered that those tiny little donuts cost about $200 and you can only get them from a car dealer. If you have the rim and want a new tire mounted on it, it costs about $100, which turns out to be the price of a new full-size spare for my car.

I'm now the proud owner of a sparkly full-size, roaming around in my trunk, giving off rubbery new tire smell.

On another topic, I noticed that the men who work at tire shops have very dirty fingernails. That makes sense. However, I also saw that many of the men shopping at the tire place also had dirty nails. Not just a little schmutzy, but heinously, blackly dirty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home