.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, September 19, 2005

dusty treasure

The GE and I made the long, long trek to Pasadena yesterday to see his mom, stepdad and grandfather. GE's mom lives with Popo (grandpa) in his house and it's filled with old people stuff. For me, that translates into treasures and fun, so I came home with a few items to add to my household. My favorite is a tray painted with orange and yellow poppies that will match my bright yellow kitchen.

Now that I think about it, most of my knick knacks came from my grandparents and great-grandparents, so you could say that my house is also filled with old people stuff. I've had a ceramic cat my great grandma painted since I was a little kid, but the Chinese figurines are relatively new additions. I like having little reminders of my family around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home