.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, September 20, 2005

freakin'

The next hurricane is on its way to the Texas coast. If you haven't checked your map or atlas lately, Houston is 30 or so miles inland. In terms of hurricanes, that isn't particularly far. Annika and I are making plans to skedaddle if we need to evacuate, and I'm figuring out where to stow things in the house just in case there's flooding, etc.

In other, slightly funnier news, I was on my way to the doctor this morning when I get held up in traffic. The museum district borders on the medical center and I was almost to the corner where I needed to turn....but I sat there through several lights. Finally I realized that an installation truck (read: semi) was blocking 1+ lanes of traffic. I turned off to go around and then slowed to let a lady cross the road. The jack*ss behind immediately leaned on his horn and earned himself a finger. My gosh, his appointment must've been much more important than mine, huh?

3 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Be well, and may the hurricane pass you by.

 
At 3:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Ranger,

Best to everyone down there! Take care and I have my fingers crossed for you.

 
At 8:35 AM, Blogger Carrie said...

I hope you made it out of the storm okay. I have family in Texas and was worried about them. But, I thnak God it was not as bad as pridicted. Peace to you and I like your blog!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home