.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, November 28, 2005

cooking with love

I baked and cooked a bit this weekend. I tried out a new chocolate cookie recipe which has gone over marvelously. They turned out much better than the coconut bars (although these too have devoted fans) and friends and colleagues are currently enjoying them. I also made banana pancakes yesterday for breakfast. I'm not much of a pancake maker--usually I cook up waffles or eggs--and I have been known to ruin an entire batch of pancake batter, undercook, burn, etc. These turned out great: fluffy, cooked through and very banana-y. I didn't make anything for thanksgiving, but I did take two trays of relishes. I firmly believe that green olives stuffed with citrus can cure cancer. Of course, sweet potatoes covered with marshmallows probably cause cancer, but at least they're canceling each other out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home