.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, November 14, 2005

sticker shock

Sorry for that last post--it's everything I hate about blogs! Anyhoo, my boss and I just returned from one of our many jaunts to the campus coffee establishment, unfortunately run by a big name in the coffee industry. They have their "holiday expressions" on the board and I ordered a gingerbread latte, tall. Now, the pumpkin spice latte is fairly expensive, $3.30 here, so I was expecting the same having not noticed the prices. When the barista rang it up and said, "$4.17 please" I croaked. I think I actually croaked, "Are you kidding? For a tall?" So I got a pumpkin spice latte instead. When I add up how much I've spent at that place this semester alone I get sad. I was doing so well, saving my pennies, and then I went crazy with the coffee. This is clearly a sign that I have to curtail that particular expenditure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home