.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

so what does that say

So my list of movies is much longer than my list of books. So what? I read many books not on the list--I can think of at least 10 books I reread. Also, it took me an inexplicably long time to read some of them, like the Plague and the Man in the Iron Mask. Most of the things I read are mysteries, occasionally literature, and work-related books. Also, I usually have a book going over at the GE's house that I can read while waiting for him to shower, putter, edit, etc. In fact, I just remembered that I read Tortilla Flat over there. The other thing is that there isn't a single book on the list that I regret having read, while there are a few movies I didn't enjoy, slept during or am embarrassed to admit I watched. Conclusions: while I am a movie whore, I am a selective reader. Secondary conclusion: I enjoy books recommended to me by friends, often more than ones I pick up on my own.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home