.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

storms a-brewin'

Two nights ago I dreamed that I was driving along the highway and my brakes stopped working. I exited and begin driving along side roads, hoping the car's momentum would slow and I would eventually stop. However, the car continued to move at a good clip until I woke up.

Last night, I dreamed that I was cutting through someone's house (or a B&B?) to get to the beach. As I walked out, two girls leaned out of an upstairs window and pointed off into the horizon. There I saw a huge storm front approaching with several tornadoes. Rather than going back into the house and heading for the basement, I began to run back to my house.

I have tornado dreams periodically. For me, they usually symbolize a time of change or particular stress. I have a feeling I know what these dreams are about, but until I'm sure I will let you ponder them and share your own.

3 Comments:

At 1:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My stress dreams usually involve being lost in my high school, having learned that I didn't graduate after all so I have to go back to complete something as a formality. and I'm always expected to remember my locker combination, fifteen years later. Yeah, right. Lots of dream stress.

last summer, though, I had a very disturbing stress/anxiety dream in which my aunt's dog was on fire and I was unable to help it. That one had me waking up crying.

Woo hoo, feeling impotent in your sleep!

 
At 11:26 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Dog on fire! Dog on fire! Sorry to joke, because that sounds like a god-awful dream, but Dog on Fire!

I have that high school one, too. Almost always I have to take calculus. More recently, these dreams start off with me trying to get ready and missing the bus.

Freakish li-berrian minds.

 
At 12:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, once I was done being horrified, I started thinking "What would happen if I lit my cat on fire? Would he roll to put it out, or streak around my house, like a little flaming tornado?"

Freakish, indeed. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home