.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

kitty woozle

I have one of the sweetest cats I've ever met. She has a wonderful disposition, until we go to the vet. As soon as we entered the building she began giving those loud distressed meows. In the exam room she tried to hide behind the carrier and in my armpit. The nurse took her out to get a fecal sample and came back several minutes later (the whole time the vet's jack russell terrier was barking like, well, a terrier) and said they couldn't get a sample. She had a few scratches but no poop to show for her efforts. The vet came in and Annika tried to climb up the nurse's front and mine to escape. Finally she'd gotten her shots and I opened her carrier. She sat in there licking like mad and didn't make a peep the whole way home. At home, she immediately cozied up to me and demanded pets like nothing had happened. I can't wait until I have to take her in for her booster.

1 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My horrid, obnoxious, much loved cats? Meow like I'm killing them all the way to the vet's office. On the way home? Blessed kitty silence.

They know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home