.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

fun roundup

The first night in NC, my pal came to pick me up and took me to Sushi Thai. Yummy! I ate so much over during my visit that I had a bellyache all of the way home to Texas. Friday night we went to First Friday for the Art Walk thingy in Raleigh. A bunch of galleries were open and we visited three of them. The first was a big place with a lot of studios and gallery space. There was a nice bluegrass band playing and that was the highlight of the visit, along with the purchase of the Keith Norval coloring book. I wanted to get one of his prints but I am too poor. At one of the other galleries, everything was either cut off testicles or carbuncles and I am not kidding. I'm blanking on the third, so it must've been uber exciting, no? Oh! It was where the onion head guy was. There were some cool stylized pics of gunslingers. We ate fish & chips (finch & chimps) somewhere in there and afterwards we met the potential new beau of my pal and his friend for dessert. Oh, it was good. I ate a lot of desserts during my trip. They were all good.

Saturday we had lunch with some friends, then coffee, then took a nap. Then we got pizza and headed over to see Hank III with two of my pal's pals. I got a little bit stomped on during the Ass Jack part of the show and it was totally worth it because I was able to push up to the stage and shake everybody's hand (except Hank, darn it) after the show. I am able to report that after that we did what we always do when we're together: madlibs and singing (shouting!) to Journey back at the ranch. We finally settled down for sleepy sleeps and woke up feeling very sorry about it all in the morning.

I finally felt less sorry on Monday morning, after 10 hours of sleep. The end.

4 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

I'm sorry! I know it's bad form to remove comments but I didn't want to make anyone's eyeballs burn up. Please forgive me, blogworld.

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Journey karaoke action sequence has to be the scariest thing I've seen in a while. Aiiiieeee!!! You went to Sushi Thai? Isn't that in Durham? That place is awesome. And you caught some shows, too. Looks like youse had a blast. You're making me miss my old stomping grounds. So when's the next Seattle excursion?

 
At 9:30 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

I think we were still in Cary, actually. Yup, I really loved Raleigh.

Next Seattle excursion: when I am no longer broke. First I'm going to Costa Rica this summer and after that we'll see!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home