.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 04, 2006

confessions of a luddite blogger

While I do own a television with a built-in vhs player and an add-on dvd player, I don't have cable, dvr or tivo. Come 200whatever, I'm screwed!

I own a computer (an old imac), I don't have internet access, a cd burner or a working printer. What goes onto that hard drive tends to stay on that hard drive.

I happily use basic technology in my work--a computer, internet, various media that can play through the computer and appears via a great projector in the classroom. I don't take advantage of things like skyping, tagging or podcasting.

I read books. In print. In the bathtub.

I buy throw-away film cameras. I don't own a digital camera in any format. If I could afford the film, I'd still be using a polaroid or my childhood brownie or pinhole.

My car doors have manual locks. I don't have cruise control. I had to trade my old car in when I moved to H-town in order to get air conditioning.

3 Comments:

At 7:10 AM, Blogger katy said...

Speaking of throw-away cameras... Didja get your photos from Raleigh developed yet? Did you even take lots of pictures when you were here? When can I see 'em?!

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

I thinnnnk I took pics. I haven't developed the camera yet.

 
At 11:56 AM, Blogger jillbertini said...

Awesome! I can even one-up you, as it were. Some people don't believe me when I tell them I don't own a computer.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home