.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Monday, May 15, 2006

indications

I had a dream last night that a space shuttle dropped out of the sky and landed precariously close to a picnic I was at. Later, all of the recovered items were on tables in a room and I found a cap with photographs of the captain's family inside. The captain was a woman, and there wasn't anything left of her except for that cap.

Then I got to work and found an extremely disturbing email awaiting me.

I also seem to be suffering a recurrence of poison ivy, brought on either by sun or stress (see above).

That's why I asked for jokes, people, so send me an amusing vignette for goodness' sake!

5 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got no jokes. As soon as I stumble across one as I meander through this hellish day, I will share.

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger katy said...

Q. What's the difference between a fish and a guitar?




A. You can't tune a fish!


(get it? tuna fish?)
hahahahah!

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

It's actually somewhat comforting to know I'm not the only one experiencing today as "hellish".

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So I graduate as a Librarian yesterday (Mother's Day), and to a nice party (with miniature horses) afterwards I wore my "no shit mom, i'm weird" t-shirt. Everyone loves it. Funny, but true.

As I tell everyone, "mom likes it, and she agrees." I wore it when I picked her up at the airport for my last Mother's Day Graduation, from ISU in 2001.

Can't help you with the posion ivy thing. Haven't had it it years and would like to keep it that way! Now when I was a kid...? I caught poison ivy in N. St. Louis County, MO. In January. In 3 feet of snow. Yep. I was about 12. I had to stand in my dermatologists office, with poison ivy, in January, listening while he called his peers to play 20 questions about "what he had in his office in Jan in the snow?" One of the most humiliating experiences of my (young) life (and still).

Hope you got a laugh at at least one of those. Feel better!

 
At 7:40 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Mark, that sounds like a t-shirt my mom would get a kick out of too. She openly admits she misses my smark aleck-ness (I think she's the only one!). Thanks for the story and the laugh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home