.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, November 17, 2006

tgi-freaking-f

Boy howdy, has this been a week! Nothing out of the ordinary, just lots of work and several outreach programs and who knows what else. Anyway, I now have just one desk shift to get through before I have some free time. The group that came today was a lot of fun, excepting the teachers. They had a s*it fit when they found out that the borrower's cards they brought with them only work with a picture ID. This is laid out on the website I'd directed them to, but they either forgot or didn't see this stipulation, so a lot of kids were unable to take their books with them. The teachers were busy yelling at me (and the circulation folks--I owe them a big apology) about how they spent all of their field trip money on this visit and blahblahblahblahblah you get the idea. So the teachers pretty much stormed off and some of the kids said "thanks" to me as they were leaving but they left the room a wreck and the whole thing left a bad taste in my mouth. Luckily there was cake left over from yesterday's potluck so the bad taste has been expunged.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home