.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, January 05, 2007

books of 2006

I will spare y'all the list of books I read last year, but it comes out to a little over a book a week. Not bad, although I'm sure I left off a few. This year began with a book I wish I'd read 2 years ago. Actually, I wish I'd read it and then reread it every six months or so thereafter. It's the new classic, He's Just Not That Into You.

My response to most of the book's chapters was a sheepish "boy, that sure sounds like how things were with the GE." Everything in it is obvious, or should be, and yet it takes someone else pointing out how ridiculous our excuses and twisted reasoning can be for us to see just how ridiculous and twisted they really are.

Also, I realized that I am just like most guys when it comes to breaking things off with someone. I'd rather jump off of a cliff than say "I'm just not that into you."

Overall, it's worth a read if you are a single woman or a woman in a relationship that you'd describe as anything but wonderful. It's so short that you can read it in one sitting, especially if that sitting is a longish plane ride.

1 Comments:

At 7:28 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

It's Carol's, so I can lend it to you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home