.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

hot

Those of you who know me in an everyday kind of way know that I love to go out to get coffee. I started doing this regularly when I moved to Seattle (surprise surprise) and have continued the tradition here in H-town. There are times when I order something really rich and crazy and times that I just get regular coffee. Those coffee times are the worst. I cannot wait to drink the coffee, so no matter how hot it is I scald my tongue. Sometimes I do it more than once before the coffee is cool enough to drink.

While this is a true story about me, it is also a metaphor. There are things out there that seem so good that I cannot pass them up, even if there is clearly something wrong. As an adult, I'm way better about figuring out the troublesome bits, but not always. For instance, I consistently buy underwear that is too big. I used to think that I like eggnog, and I almost drank some of the leftovers in my fridge, but I don't like eggnog!

But what do you do with the too-big underwear, the left-over eggnog? Neither is going to cool down like coffee but they're not going to magically fit or taste good.

1 Comments:

At 10:21 AM, Blogger Adela c/s said...

That's funny! I tend to buy underwear that is too small. That's b/c my booty grew when I began jogging, and I still can't get used to it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home