.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, March 28, 2008

as my kids would say, "crap monkeys!"

My world is kinda rocked right now. My friend chastized me for not posting more in general, for which I'm sorry. Today, though, I'm just not sure what to say, except that my mom lied to me. I don't remember her ever doing that before. It's a sure sign that some parts of her brain are shut down or irreparably impaired by her dementia. It also means that because my sister never communicated with me directly, I got a skewed version of a very important story and I am just now, months and months and MONTHS later finding out the truth.

Lots of swears come to mind, but not a whole lot of intelligent words to explain...

I'm surrounded each day by kids who are fragile and whose brains are wired kitty wampus and I adore them at the same time I'm pushing them to do hard things like make repairs when they've hurt someone or give a peer feedback that might hurt the other kid's feelings. It's different somehow when it's myself. What advice do I have to offer other than drink another margarita or book a therapist asap?

2 Comments:

At 11:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You should post only when you are good and ready, and only then, my friend. That is what feed readers are for.

::hugs::

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Thanks, Mark.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home