.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

byebye 2008

I know, it's the day to reflect upon a year's events, accomplishments or disappointments. Me, meh, I just got married, changed jobs, sold my house, got a new dog. Nothing big.

In past years, I've typed up long lists of books I've read and movies I've seen. I didn't keep track of those this year.

I did add two new babies to my life, one who came into the world and immediately got sick, the other who joined us on the same night the big hurricane hit. Both are adorable and thriving.

I feel different this new year's eve. I don't feel like I need to make the hat, for one. I am not worried about whether the guy who kisses me at midnight will be around after the first of the year. I know I won't be keeping my job, and that it's okay to say that it wasn't for me.

My biggest hope for the coming year is that we will make more time for fun activities and watch less tv. I think that's doable.

Happy new year.

5 Comments:

At 10:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So you'll be visiting us more often, right? We can't promise fun activities, but we'll never make you watch TV!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yes, especially if you'll let me tag along to the zoo, armand bayou, etc.

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Jane said...

Ah, this post just makes me happy because I know you are happy.

I hope the next year is full of peace and smiles!

I owe you a phone call or something, yes?

 
At 4:36 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yes, and I have a few things for you!

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~.....................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home