.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Sunday, December 14, 2008

saved by disregard

There was a cool-sounding job open at one of the local nature centers. The posting did not indicate how to apply. I emailed the person in charge, left him a voice mail, then emailed him again over the course of two weeks or so. I never received a response. In my perusal of their website, trying to figure out how to apply for this job, I noticed a continuing education workshop. I signed up for it. It was supposed to be held yesterday. Yesterday morning, not only did I wake up feeling yucky, I also woke up feeling overwhelmed with grading (exams) and holiday-related activities. I canceled (by email, because I could not figure out who to leave a voice mail for and no one answers their phone, ever). Today I received an email saying that the workshop had been canceled and sorry if they had forgotten to let me know. Clearly this is not a place I could work, had I figured out how to apply for the da**ed job.

1 Comments:

At 7:47 AM, Blogger Adela c/s said...

I would tend to agree.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home