.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Saturday, December 27, 2008

saturday

We saw Marley and Me today. It was a good movie version of the book. We cried a lot at the end, despite it being interrupted by a fire alarm (and it was raining outside, grrr). I like Owen Wilson and I love Alan Arkin and the dogs were faithful mirrors of the real Marley.

We came home and the hubby made dal in his new pressure cooker. Yum. The dogs were annoyed that we made them wait to take a walk and have their dinner and kept trying to sneak up on the couch while we were eating.

This being home all day thing has been great. I am so dreading going back to work. I hope that'll fade over the course of this second week off, but I have a bad feeling that it won't, and that the next several months are going to be tough. That makes me sad, but there isn't really anything I can do about it, except try to change my attitude.

I know, I know. Good luck with that.

3 Comments:

At 12:10 PM, Blogger Choice said...

Suggest you only see guaranteed comedies, with no sad endings, for the next several months. Doctor Amy prescribes at least one per week. Also, get your resume out there, and don't hesitate to bail if something better comes along. Yes, I know you want to do a good job where you are, and that is a noble thing. But don't let nobility bite you in the butt: your life, and your long-term mental health and happiness are important to your family. We would be sorry for the school administrator(s), but not sorry enough to encourage you to keep suffering. That is why the Goddess invented substitute teachers. You betcha.

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Pixie the dog said...

Yes, ma'am, I mean doctor, or doctor-ma'am.

 
At 5:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

~.....................................................

 

Post a Comment

<< Home