.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Thursday, May 20, 2004

hmm hmm mmm hmm..i have no idea what the words are

One of my friends gave me a suggestion for an alternative way to end one of my stories that I've struggled with for a few months now. It was so simple. I wonder why I didn't figure it out myself...

I have a real problem with finishing personal projects. I am the most lazy, put-things-offiest person I know. I am completely unlike my co-worker who not only has time to do her own work, she thinks she can do everyone else's, too. She anti rubs off on me. She makes me want to do less and less until I sink into a vat of my own goo under my desk. No one would notice at first, since when I sit there quietly no one can see me anyway, hidden behind my giant 1975 era computer monitor.

I am also trying to finish a project I started during graduate school. I interviewed some librarians and wrote a paper but I've always wanted to publish it. I decided finally that I should just present it at a meeting and get it over with. If it's accepted it will be published in their proceedings and I can stop feeling guilty about it.

What I need in my life is a finisher. Someone who sweeps in and helps me tie up loose ends, wrap up unfinished business, break up with loser boyfriends whom I am just keeping around out of inertia (not my current one, I swear), eats the last piece of stale cookie bar that I can't bring myself to throw away and puts up the birdfeeder my mom got me for my birthday...last February.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home