.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, June 30, 2004

wheel in the sky keeps on turning

On a camping trip to the Oregon coast, my best pal and I decided that Journey must be a Christian band. Their name certainly has to signify a person's personal journey to Christ, right? If you doubt, take a look at some of their songs:

Wheel in the Sky
A tribute to God's plan for us, known as "fate" to the heathen hordes. "Wheel in the sky keeps on turning, don't know where I'll be tomorrow."

Faithfully
A love song to a Christian girlfriend. "I'm forever yours...faithfully". Cut a hole in that sheet, baby, I'm on my way!

Don't Stop Believin'
A litany of down and out people who have lost the way and a reiteration of God's love. "Don't stop believin', hold on to the feelin' [of Jesus Christ our Saviour]".

Open Arms
One of the most overtly Christian songs by Journey. Signifies that Christ's arms are always open and ready to receive those who've strayed. Accepting Christ as your savior makes a dark world seem bright. Written from Jesus' point of view. "So now I come to you, with open arms...now that you've come back, turned night into day."

So I conclude, Repent You Sinners who thought Journey was about sex and rock & roll and missing your baby.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home