.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Friday, July 09, 2004

i've got an itch

I've been reviewing a book on household pests. When I got home, there was a little blip on the news about bringing home bugs from hotel rooms. So, before I went to bed I became convinced that I had bedbugs. I searched the bed, the cracks of the mattress, under the mattress cover, but I didn't see any. The author of the book said that bedbugs can hide anywhere near the bed. I don't have the symptoms (bites near the midsection) and the bugs themselves are big enough to see, so I may be suffering from delusory parasitosis--the unwarranted fear that you've been overrun by bugs. The funny thing is that I like bugs. People often call me for a bug consultation and identification.

Jeez, I hope the next book I get to review is about fluffy puppy squirrel kittens or something.

1 Comments:

At 8:19 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happens to me all the time...right now, I am convinced I have fleas and not the fun circus, musical ones.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home