.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Tuesday, August 17, 2004

fairies

In the midst of cleaning up my bedroom, I moved a handful of barrettes from my dresser to the tin where they live in my bathroom. Later I realized that I'd also stuck a few dimes in there. I took them out but they got no further than the back of the toilet. Seeing them there made me think of the tooth fairy. Yes, a toilet fairy, I thought. If I leave her some cash, she'll clean my toilet for me!

A related story: my mom fervently believed in dish fairies as a child. As the only girl, she was assigned the chore of washing up after dinner and she hated it. She would go to the bathroom and pray that the dish fairies would hurry up and clean the dishes for her. I'm wondering now if she tried leaving some coins...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home