.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

in the hoosegow

Wednesday, July 28, 2004

recipe for disaster

Seattle Cocktail:

Take one tired and slightly dehydrated (from the plane) girl, add fresh clothes and a few dollars burning a hole in her pocket, as well as a friend she hasn't seen in a year and a half.  Shake well.

Ceviche:

According to my faithful leaders of the training I'm about to go to, we're attending a good old fashioned fish fry at one of the local Native lodges on Saturday night.  For this recipe, you'll need a slightly nauseated (from the boat) girl, several enthusiastic librarians and a great deal of fish.  Stir briskly.

Panic-stricken Panacea:

On the last night of my training, instead of working in the computer lab on whatever thing I'm supposed to be working on, I'll be at my friend's in Tukwila.  Only those with a strong stomach should attempt this one!  Take a grouchy and short-tempered girl (from staying up late with aforementioned enthusiastic librarians), put her in a car with someone she's never met, whisk her away to Tukwila and fill her with beer and barbecue.  Then return her to the computer lab.  Stand well back in case of explosion.

1 Comments:

At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Trombley is beside himself. "I was just thinking one thing when we drove into that ambush," he enthuses. "Grand Theft Auto: Vice City. I felt like I was living it when I seen the flames coming out of the windows, the blown-up car in the street, guys crawling around shooting at us. It was fucking cool."

- Generation Kill: Devil Dogs, Iceman, Captain America
And The New Face Of American War, 2004

 

Post a Comment

<< Home